Tenzing's Start Up
How we helped start a healthcare business and build its brand
When GDC was approached to help with Tenzing Health, the company’s only asset was a business idea on a piece of paper. As monumental as the idea was—to create a service that helps patients navigate the healthcare industry—no implementation plan or organizational structure existed yet to bring the initiative to life. We were asked to lead Tenzing Health’s business strategy, strategic branding, integrated marketing and digital design that would launch this emerging business.
GDC became a business strategy provider for Tenzing Health, going beyond the normal scope of a marketing solutions partner. Our senior leadership team began with business and organizational strategy:
- Crafted the business identity by establishing the company’s mission, vision and values
- Defined the organizational structure and operating processes that would start and maintain Tenzing Health
- Provided the business model to grow and sustain the company
Once the organizational structure was in place, GDC provided strategic marketing:
- Conducted focus group research to gain customer insights and responses
- Created a user experience that would meet Tenzing Health members’ needs
- Defined the brand* and developed its messaging platform
- Crafted the brand identity, including logo, tagline and brand standards
- Developed messaging and collateral for Tenzing Health patients, physicians and hospital administrators to explain the program and its benefits
- Designed the brand website, including user experience, information architecture, messaging and layout
*The brand name was derived from Tenzing Norgay, the sherpa who accompanied the first climber to ever reach the summit of Mount Everest. Recognizing the pioneering spirit of Tenzing Health’s brand new service, GDC created a brand identity that embodies accomplishing feats that have never before been attempted.
Within 90 days, GDC turned an idea on a napkin into an operating business. We have continued to guide Tenzing Health’s organizational and brand development, as the company persists through its test period. Currently, GDC is working with Tenzing Health to expand its charter member population and enter phase two of the company’s evolution.
For Tenzing Health's story of healthcare innovation, download the whitepaper: 5 Steps to Changing the Healthcare Perspective.